For those chilly nights ahead: a warm bowl of creamy chocolate rice pudding made with short to medium grain rice.
Note: Serve warm as pudding. It will continue to thicken more as it cools.
Warm Chocolate Risotto Recipe
- 4 to 5 cups whole milk, divided
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup medium or short grain rice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
In medium saucepan over medium heat, stir 4 cups milk, sugar, and salt until dissolved. Add rice and bring to boil, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring, until rice is tender and pudding is thickened, about 30 minutes. Add more milk if pudding thickens before rice is tender.
Stir in vanilla and chocolate until combined. Serve immediately.