"If you get your conventional tofu here and you serve it in Asia, nobody would eat it, simply because its not delicious," says Minh Tsai, the founder of artisanal, organic tofu company Hodo Soy Beanery in Oakland, California. Tsai couldn't find the same quality of tofu he grew up with in Vietnam, so he decided to make it himself with the idea of making "the best tofu you've ever eaten." See how tofu is made at Tsai's soy beanery in the latest episode of Food Curated from documentarian Liza de Guia, after the jump.
The Re-education of Tofu: Hodo Soy Beanery
More from 'Food Curated'
- Spring Lake Farm Inspires Grass-Fed Movement in Upstate New York »
- The Red Hook Food Vendors »
- The Brooklyn Flea as Catalyst for Small Food-Based Businesses »
- The Gastronauts, an Eating Club for the Brave »
- Making Cold Smoked Salmon at Samaki Smokehouse in Port Jervis, New York »
- Bacon Marmalade »