Smoky mezcal is a wonderful pairing for elderflower and ginger liqueurs in this frothy egg-enriched cocktail created by Tad Carducci of Tippling Bros.
Tres Coops Recipe
- 1 ounce mezcal
- 1/2 ounce Averna Amaro
- 1/2 ounce St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice, from 1 to 2 limes
- 1/4 ounce fresh egg white (about 1/4 large egg white)
- Garnish: ground chili powder
Add mezcal, Averna, St. Germain, Domaine de Canton, lime, and egg white to cocktail shaker. Dry shake (without ice) to blend in the egg white, about 20 seconds.
Fill the shaker 2/3 full with ice and then shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker begins to frost, about 20 seconds.
Double strain into a cocktail glass, scatter a few pinches of chili powder on top, then serve.
Cocktail shaker and strainer, fine strainer