Note: Why bother emulsifying your vinaigrette? Read about the science of emulsions.
This recipes make a cup of vinaigrette. Extra vinaigrette can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator indefinitely.
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds, chopped into rough 1/8th-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small shallot, finely minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoons chopped herbs (parsley, tarragon, or basil work well)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in small container or squeeze bottle. Seal container and shake vigorously until emulsified. Shake again before each use.