This cocktail recipe is adapted from the award-winning original from Michael Jack Pazdon of SolBar in Calistoga, California. We simplified it a bit and subbed in apple brandy for the calvados. It's tasty with or without the frothy egg white.
- 1 ounce apple brandy
- 3/4 ounce The King's Ginger
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Carpano Antica Formula
- Optional: 1/2 ounce egg white
- Garnish: thin lemon wheel
In a cocktail shaker, combine apple brandy, King's Ginger, lemon, and Carpano Antica. If using egg white, add and shake dry, then add ice and shake further. (If not using egg white, add ice and shake.) Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with lemon wheel.
Cocktail shaker and strainer