To make this amazing dipping sauce for dumplings, we start with the classic combination of Asian fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar, then punch it up with raw garlic, fresh cilantro, and hot chili flakes. The flavors blend seamlessly into a sauce that's versatile enough to dress a salad, marinate a steak, and, yes, coat your dumplings.
- 8 teaspoons finely minced garlic (about 8 medium cloves)
- 4 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh juice from about 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves and fine stems
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
Combine garlic, fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, cilanto, and chili flakes in a small bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved. Serve.