How to order my very particular type of eggs?

So, I prefer my eggs in a very specific way, one which basically prevents me from ordering them in a restaurant because they always seem to come out wrong.

It's eggs cracked into a pan, cooked to well, then flipped over and cooked through on the other side, but making sure not to break the yolk. That way when they come out I can take the intact yolks out myself, as I'm not a fan of yolk but don't like just straight scrambled egg whites.

My question is, is there some proper restaurant lingo for that: fried eggs, yolk cooked through and unbroken? It doesn't appear to be over hard- I still have no idea what that means.


The tastiest bites delivered to your inbox!

Show 13 Comments

Talk is closed - check out our Facebook and Twitter accounts instead.