This tender carrot cake is an excellent and healthy way to enjoy one of our favorite cakes! Paired with the cream cheese frosting this is one dessert that will definitely satisfy that sweet tooth without leaving you feeling guilty!
*Maximized Cooking recipes are tailored to an organic heavy and sugar free diet that abides by the Maximized Living lifestyle!
Total Time: 40 Active Time: 15 Number Serves: 8-12 Equipment: Two Small Bowls, Cake Pan
* 1 Cup Coconut Flour, sifted
* 1/2 Cup Butter, melted
* 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk, full fat, canned
* 1 Cup Xylitol
* 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
* 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
* 1 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg, ground
* 1/2 Teaspoon Cloves, ground
* 1 Teaspoon Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
* 2 1/2 Cups Carrots, finely grated
* Cream Cheese Vanilla Icing to taste
* 1/2 Cup Nuts (optional)
* Shredded Unsweetened Coconut (optional)
1. Combine butter, coconut milk, eggs and vanilla in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together xylitol, salt and spices. Stir into wet mixture. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk into batter until there are no lumps.
2. Fold in carrots and nuts. Pour batter into 2 greased 9×1 1/2″ cake pans, or one 9×9″ baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Cool and cover with cream cheese frosting.