At the height of summer, when the heat is out of control and amazing produce is flooding the market, sometimes all we want are smart, easy ideas for how to make the most of it without breaking a sweat. Here, we make an incredibly delicious summer squash salad with fennel and dill that is way more than the sum of its parts.
- 1 pound small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced into rounds on a vegetable slicer
- 1 small fennel bulb, halved, cored, and thinly sliced lengthwise on a vegetable slicer
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, for dressing
- 2 teaspoons fresh juice from 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
In a large bowl, combine squash, fennel, dill, olive oil, and lemon juice and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add goat cheese, gently toss, and serve right away.