This fun and easy Italian-American Ice cream dessert is flavored with chocolate, pistachio, and cherry-almond.
- 3 cups pistachio ice cream, softened
- 3 cups vanilla (or cherry vanilla) ice cream, softened
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cherry brandy
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- A few specks pink food coloring
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
Line 9- by 5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Place 12- by 8-inch piece of parchment paper into pan, letting sides overhang the edges. Spread pistachio ice cream into pan and smooth the top. Freeze until semi-frozen, about 20 minutes.
Stir vanilla ice cream, chopped cherries, almonds, brandy, and almond extract until combined. Stir in food coloring (if using) to desired shade of pink. Spread over pistachio ice cream. Freeze for 30 minutes, or until semi-firm.
Spread chocolate ice cream over cherry ice cream and smooth top. Wrap and freeze until completely solid, 3 to 4 hours. Remove from pan, remove wrap, and slice with a hot, wet, knife.
9- by 5-inch loaf pan