Why It Works
- Batch the base the night before and top with the sparkling wine right before serving for easy entertaining.
- Using natural, 100% pomegranate juice will yield a richer, full bodied syrup compared to a juice mix.
This easy pitcher cocktail has the lightness of a sparkling summer drink with a hint of rich, fall flavors.
- For the Pomegranate Reduction:
- 1 cup 100% pomegranate juice
- For the Cocktails:
- 3 ounces Pomegranate Reduction
- 4 ounces Cocchi Rosa
- 2 ounces fresh juice from 2 to 4 limes
- 16 ounces sparkling wine (see note)
- 4 orange twists, for garnish
For the Pomegranate Reduction: In a small saucepan, bring pomegranate juice to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook until reduced to 3 ounces (6 tablespoons), 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool. Store in an airtight container up to 1 month.
For the cocktails: In a pitcher, add the pomegranate reduction, Cocchi Rosa, and lime juice. Top with sparkling wine and gently stir to combine. To serve, divide between 4 glasses filled with ice. Express orange oil from twists over each drink, then add twists to each glass to garnish.
small saucepan, pitcher
All ingredients except sparkling wine can be pre-mixed the night before serving. Stay away from sweet sparklers for this recipe; a brut cava such as Gilabert is just the thing.