Why It Works
- Scoring the top ensures that the inside of the cheese cooks properly and hot air escapes in a controlled manner.
- A drizzle of honey adds sweetness.
Offering maximum impact with minimal effort, a baked Brie turns a mild-mannered cheese into the superhero of a gathering: a warm, gooey communal comfort food. This version keeps things easy and delicious—it's baked simply, then topped with pistachios and honey.
- 1 (6- to 8-ounce; 170 to 225g) round Brie or Camembert cheese, slightly chilled (see note)
- 1/4 cup lightly salted pistachios (2 ounces; 60g), shelled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) honey
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Using a sharp knife, score top rind of cheese in a crisscross pattern, spacing cuts about 1 inch apart.
If cheese came in a wooden container, place it back in container (without any other packaging), then set on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. If it came in cardboard or other wrapping, place cheese directly on parchment-lined baking sheet, without any packaging. Bake until top is soft and runny, about 25 minutes.
Top with chopped pistachios and drizzle with honey. Let rest 5 minutes, then serve.
Rimmed baking sheet, parchment paper
If possible, use a triple-cream Brie, which has a higher fat content that melts better.