Hot diggity dog—few things are faster or more fun to throw on the grill than a good old-fashioned tube steak. Here's our guide to throwing the best possible sausage party, complete with straight-up sausage, things stuffed with sausage, and all the condiments you can fit on the table. Happy grilling!
Interested in making your own sausages from scratch? Start by getting yourself a good meat grinder (see our guide to buying, using, and caring for a meat grinder here). Then check out this post about the science of sausages (ever wonder why sausages are usually salty, there's a reason!). After that, jump into any one of the sausage and hot dog recipes below.
Finally, check out this Food Lab post for some in depth discussion on the best way to grill sausages.
Sausage and Hot Dog Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Sausages »
- Grilled Italian Sausage with Sweet and Sour Peppers and Onions »
- Grilled Bratwurst with Beer, Mustard, and Sauerkraut »
- Grilled Hot Dogs with Sauerkraut »
- Armadillo Eggs (Cheese-Stuffed, Sausage-Wrapped, Grilled Jalapeños) »
- Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Poblano Peppers »
Sauces, Mustards, and Relishes
- Small Batch Sauerkraut »
- Chili »
- Roasted Corn Relish »
- Sweet Cucumber Relish »
- Blueberry Ketchup »
- Homemade Ketchup »
- Spicy Brown Mustard »
- Whole Grain Dijon Mustard »
- Hot Mustard »
- Spicy Beer Mustard »
More Memorial Day Recipes!
- 33 Grilled Chicken Recipes For Your Memorial Day Grill »
- 24 Grilled Steak Recipes for Your Memorial Day Grill »
- 25 Grilled Pork Recipes For Your Memorial Day Grill »
- 33 Hamburger Recipes For Your Memorial Day Grill »
- 20 Desserts For Your Memorial Day Cookout »
- Drinks for Memorial Day Weekend »