Horseradish cream sauce is a great complement to prime rib, roast beef, and even steak cuts like filet mignon. It is also great for roast beef sandwiches.
You can make this recipe with jarred horseradish from the store, but it's vastly improved if you use fresh, homemade preserved horseradish.
Horseradish cream sauce will keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1/2 cup store-bought or homemade preserved horseradish
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a medium bowl, whisk heavy cream until thickened, but not yet at soft peaks.
Fold in crème fraîche, horseradish, chives, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes before using, or transfer to airtight container and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.