Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm is the Senior Commerce Editor for Serious Eats. She joined the team in November of 2021, bringing with her years of experience testing and writing about kitchen equipment. Prior to Dotdash Meredith, Riddley worked at Apartment Therapy Media, America’s Test Kitchen, EatingWell, and Food52.
- She has written hundreds of stories on the best gadgets, gear, and cookware for home kitchens.
- She has a BS in magazine journalism from Syracuse University.
- Her work has appeared in Cook’s Illustrated and Cook’s Country and on Food52, Apartment Therapy, The Kitchn, and more.
Riddley’s work has appeared online for Cook’s Illustrated, Cook’s Country, The Kitchn, Apartment Therapy, Food52, and in print for Cook’s Illustrated and Cook’s Country. Prior to joining Dotdash Meredith, she worked as the Tools Editor for The Kitchn and an Associate Editor for ATK Reviews.
Riddley received her BS in magazine journalism from Syracuse University.
- Do You Need an Induction Burner?, Cook’s Illustrated
- The Best Reusable Face Masks, Cook’s Illustrated
- Is an Electric Pasta Machine the Key to Perfect Pasta at Home?, Cook’s Illustrated
About Serious Eats
Serious Eats, a Dotdash brand, is an award-winning food and drink website visited by over 7 million hungry readers every month. Our audience comes to us for rigorously tested recipes, science-driven cooking techniques, robust equipment reviews, and stories that offer cultural and historical context to the foods we love to eat.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.