- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups turkey drippings or stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt butter over medium high heat in medium saucepan. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring frequently, until golden blonde, about 2 minutes.
Gradually add in turkey drippings or stock in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until reduced to 3 cups, 10 to 15 minutes.
Stir in heavy cream, sage, thyme, and rosemary. Continue to cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to a week, reheating over medium-low heat before serving.