A rich peanut butter ice cream with a fudgy dark chocolate swirl and chunks of frozen Reese's cups.
- For Peanut Butter Ice Cream:
- 2 3/4 cups half and half
- 1 cup no-stir peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups, chilled in freezer
- For Chocolate Fudge Swirl:
- 1/4 cup light (clear) corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
For Peanut Butter Ice Cream: Combine half and half, peanut butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla in blender. Blend until smooth, then transfer to an airtight container and chill for 3 hours or until very cold.
Churn base in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to an airtight container, stir in frozen peanut butter cups, and chill in freezer.
For Chocolate Fudge Swirl: Combine corn syrup, sugar, water, oil, chocolate, cocoa powder, and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook mixture on very low heat until chocolate is melted, sugar is fully dissolved, and all ingredients are fully incorporated. Cool chocolate sauce until just warm enough to pour freely from a spoon.
Retrieve peanut butter ice cream from freezer. Working very quickly, fold chocolate sauce into ice cream with a large spoon or rubber spatula. Fold—don't stir—ice cream just until swirl is distributed. Immediately return to coldest part of freezer and chill until firm, at least 3 hours.
blender, ice cream maker