Chipotle ranch is so old news. The mild heat of harissa makes this ranch dressing a perfect condiment for crispy, fried chicken sandwiches and a great dip to serve alongside buffalo wings. And, of course, it's great on any salad.
Why It Works
- Fatty and rich crème fraîche can hold up to the heat of harissa.
- Garlic powder is key to that iconic "ranch" flavor.
- Yield:Makes 1 cup
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:10 minutes
- 1/3 cup (80g) crème fraîche
- 1/2 cup (110g) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons (8g) chopped, fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons (8g) chopped, fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (40g) store-bought or homemade harissa
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
In a medium bowl, whisk together the crème fraîche, buttermilk, dill, chives, garlic powder, black pepper, harissa, and salt. Use immediately as a dressing or dip, or store in the refrigerator for up to one week.