These quick and easy pickled watermelon radishes add bright flavor to all sorts of dishes, along with a beautiful burst of color.
Why It Works
- Laying a paper towel on the surface of the radishes keeps them submerged in the brine, for more effective quick-pickling.
- Using a cold brine retains the crisp, raw snap and bright color of the thinly sliced radishes.
- Yield:Makes 1 jar
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar (120ml)
- 1/2 cup water (120ml)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (13g)
- 8-10 medium to large watermelon radishes, peeled and sliced thinly crosswise
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, water, salt, and sugar until sugar and salt are fully dissolved. Add the radishes and toss to coat. Lay a clean paper towel on the surface to keep the radishes submerged. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes before serving. Pickled radishes can be packed into a jar with their brine and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.