This quick and easy salad of hearty, peppery greens is the perfect side dish for a weeknight supper.
Why It Works
- No frills and no extra work for this simple salad.
- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 4 ounces radicchio (about 1/2 medium head; 225g), cored, leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 bunch watercress or arugula (about 2 ounces; 55g)
- 2 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) fresh juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
In a large bowl, toss together radicchio, watercress or arugula, radishes, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season with salt. Serve immediately.