Cool off with this vodka cocktail, which gets a delicate vegetal flavor from muddled cucumber. Created by Christopher Longoria of San Francisco's 1760, it has a soft sweetness from elderflower liqueur.
- Yield:Makes 1 cocktail
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 5 half-inch slices peeled cucumber
- 1/2 ounce (15ml) fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 ounce (8ml) simple syrup (see note)
- 1 1/4 ounces (35ml) vodka
- 1/2 ounce (15ml) elderflower liqueur, such as St-Germain
- 1 1/2 ounces (45ml) LaCroix Pamplemousse Sparkling Water
- Cucumber slice and lemon wedge, for garnish (optional)
Add cucumber, lemon juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Muddle until cucumber is broken up. Add vodka and elderflower liqueur and fill with ice. Shake until well chilled, about 15 seconds.
Top with sparkling water and fine-strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish if desired and serve immediately.