This Mexican-inspired take on avocado toast gets its acidity from fresh lime juice and a dash of creamy heat from homemade chipotle mayo. It's all topped off with a layer of salty, crumbly Cotija cheese and a generous dose of grassy cilantro.
- Yield:Serves 1
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1 slice country or sandwich bread, approximately 1/2 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium pitted and peeled Hass avocado
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) chipotle mayonnaise, plus more to taste (see note)
- Lime juice to taste, from 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon (15g) Cotija cheese, plus more to taste
- Finely chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Lightly brush bread with extra-virgin olive oil and toast to desired level of doneness. Top with avocado and mash with a fork to cover entire surface. Add chipotle mayonnaise (see note). Squeeze on lime juice and sprinkle with Cotija cheese and cilantro. Serve.