This is a bright, herbal caraway-yogurt sauce that works great with grilled or pan-roasted vegetables.
Why It Works
- Blooming the caraway and thyme in olive oil before mixing them into the yogurt develops their flavors.
- Yield:Makes about 1/2 cup, serving 4
- Active time: 3 minutes
- Total time:3 minutes
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground caraway seed (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup (120ml) full-fat plain yogurt
- Large pinch fresh lemon zest, from about 1/4 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add caraway and cook, stirring, until seeds sputter and smell toasty, about 30 seconds. Immediately add thyme and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds longer. Pour oil into a medium bowl and add yogurt. Stir in lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator before serving.