If you've got a bottle of Fresh Lemon Syrup on hand, this is the easiest whipped cream around. Its soft lemon flavor and subtle sweetness complement everything from crispy waffles and tangy lemon bars to fresh fruit and angel food cake; it even adds a welcome brightness to gingerbread and chocolate torte.
Why It Works
- Fresh Lemon Syrup is nearly pure sugar, allowing for a stable whipped cream.
- Heavy whipping cream contains slightly more fat than other varieties, making it easier to whip.
- Yield:Makes about 1 cup (6 ounces)
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup; 110g) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup; 55g) Fresh Lemon Syrup, cold
- 1/8 ounce (1 tablespoon; 4g) freshly grated lemon zest (optional; see note)
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine cream, lemon syrup, and zest (if using). Whip at medium-high speed until fluffy and thick, about 5 minutes. Use immediately, or refrigerate for up to 1 week in an airtight container. For piping, re-whip the chantilly after 24 hours.