This easy pitcher cocktail has the lightness of a sparkling summer drink with a hint of rich, fall flavors.
Why It Works
- Batch the base the night before and top with the sparkling wine right before serving for easy entertaining.
- Using natural, 100% pomegranate juice will yield a richer, full bodied syrup compared to a juice mix.
- Yield:makes enough for 4 cocktails
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:1 hour up to overnight
- For the Pomegranate Reduction:
- 1 cup 100% pomegranate juice
- For the Cocktails:
- 3 ounces Pomegranate Reduction
- 4 ounces Cocchi Rosa
- 2 ounces fresh juice from 2 to 4 limes
- 16 ounces sparkling wine (see note)
- 4 orange twists, for garnish
For the Pomegranate Reduction: In a small saucepan, bring pomegranate juice to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook until reduced to 3 ounces (6 tablespoons), 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool. Store in an airtight container up to 1 month.
For the cocktails: In a pitcher, add the pomegranate reduction, Cocchi Rosa, and lime juice. Top with sparkling wine and gently stir to combine. To serve, divide between 4 glasses filled with ice. Express orange oil from twists over each drink, then add twists to each glass to garnish.