Juicy apples meet bubbly prosecco, rich sherry, and sweet orange liqueur in this cocktail.
Why It Works
- Juicy apples add a mild, fresh sweetness to sherry and prosecco.
- Dry, nutty oloroso sherry offsets the sweetness of the apples and Mandarine Napoléon liqueur.
- Yield:Makes 1 cocktail
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1/4 apple, cored and diced
- 1 1/2 ounces apple brandy, such as Laird’s Bonded Apple Brandy
- 3/4 ounce Mandarine Napoléon liqueur
- 1/2 ounce oloroso sherry, such as Williams & Humbert
- 4 ounces prosecco sparkling wine
- Orange twist, for garnish
- Thinly sliced apple, for garnish
Add diced apple to the bottom of a mixing glass and muddle until apples are broken down and have released their juice. Fill the mixing glass 2/3 full with ice and then pour in apple brandy, Mandarine Napoléon liqueur, and oloroso sherry. Stir to chill until mixing glass is very cold, about 20 seconds, then strain into a highball glass filled with ice and top with prosecco.
Twist orange peel over top of drink to release oils, then discard peels. Garnish with a thinly cut round of apple.