There's not really much to this simple but excellent dish: perfect figs, a little salty aged goat cheese for contrast, some Marcona almonds for crunch, and a drizzle of Mike's Hot Honey. A little olive oil and salt and a few random herbs from the garden finish it off.
Why It Works
- Salty aged goat cheese pairs perfectly with ripe figs. Almonds add crunch, and hot honey brings out the jamminess of the fruit.
- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 12 ounces best-quality ripe figs, split in half
- 3 ounces aged goat cheese, such as crottin, torn into small pieces
- Small handful Marcona almonds, split with a knife
- 1 to 2 tablespoons picked small thyme leaves or torn basil leaves
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Mike's Hot Honey or regular honey
Arrange figs, goat cheese, almonds, and basil or thyme leaves on a serving platter. Sprinkle lightly with flaky sea salt and drizzle with olive oil and honey. Serve.