Scotch in a blended drink? Yes! Try this smoky, fruity, and spicy frozen cocktail at your next cookout.
Why It Works
- Peated scotch adds an earthy, smoky flavor that works great with the fruity flavors of orange and cherry.
- Chilling the mixture overnight in the freezer means less ice is needed to keep the drink refreshing, and your ice is less likely to melt the moment it hits the blender.
- Batching in advance means less time prepping at the bar and more time with your guests.
- Yield:Makes 4 servings
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:8 hours or up to 24 hours
- 6 ounces peated Scotch whisky, such as The Peat Monster
- 4 ounces fresh blood orange juice from about 4 blood oranges
- 3 ounces sweet vermouth, such as Carpano Antica
- 2 ounces Luxardo cherry syrup (from a jar of Luxardo cherries; see note)
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- 4 blood orange slices and 4 Luxardo cherries, for garnish (see note)
Pour Scotch, blood orange juice, sweet vermouth, cherry syrup, Grand Marnier, and Angostura bitters into a resealable freezer-safe container. Seal and freeze for at least 8 and up to 24 hours.
When ready to serve, pour Scotch mixture into a blender with 4 cups ice. Blend until smooth. Divide between four coupe glasses and garnish each glass with an orange slice and Luxardo cherry.