It's summertime, we have half day Fridays, a few extra hours of daylight to get our cocktails going, and things are supposed to be easy, darn it! In a conscious effort to simplify our lives and celebrate the awesomeness of fresh summer produce, we're spending the whole season coming up with the absolute easiest, freshest, and tastiest summer dishes we can think of. On the menu today: figs, melon, Spanish ham, and basil in one gorgeous salad.
- Yield:Serves 4 to 6
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:10 minutes
- 1 small Charentais melon or cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 black mission figs, split in half lengthwise
- 2 ounces thinly shaved Jamón Serrano or prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Small handful fresh basil leaves
Arrange melon, figs, and ham on a serving platter. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Scatter with basil leaves and serve.