A fast and easy technique for fluffy, fully cooked, diner-style scrambled eggs. For a softer style, check out our creamy scrambled eggs recipe instead.
Why It Works
- Pre-salting helps eggs retain moisture and tenderness
- A small proportion of milk provides a sense of creamy richness, without going overboard.
- Adding the eggs to a hot pan encourages the formation of big, fluffy curds.
- Yield:Serves 1
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, see note
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce; 30ml) milk (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon (1/4 ounce; 8g) unsalted butter
- Freshly ground black or white pepper
In a small bowl, beat eggs with salt.
In a nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat until foamy. Add eggs and cook, stirring, until large, fluffy curds form and eggs are fully cooked through, about 3 minutes. Season with pepper and serve.