South Asian flavors come together harmoniously in this easy dipping sauce, made by warming red curry paste with coconut milk, then rounding out and boosting their flavors with honey, soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, and lime. It's perfect as a dip for dumplings, or with poached chicken.
- Yield:Makes about 2/3 cup sauce
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh juice from 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh peeled ginger
Combine coconut milk and curry paste in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
Meanwhile, combine lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, honey, and ginger in a small bowl. Add coconut-curry mixture and stir thoroughly to combine. Serve.