Looking for another way to use up that gallon of fresh apple cider you bought at the pick-your-own orchard or your local farmers market? Try this refreshing, low alcohol cocktail.
Why this recipe works:
- Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth adds layers of intriguing flavor without a lot of alcohol.
- Brown sugar contributes a molasses note to the cider and adds richness, while lemon and seltzer keep things bright.
- Yield:makes 1 cocktail
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1 barspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed juice from half a lemon
- 2 ounces Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
- 1 ounce fresh apple cider
- 4 ounces club soda, chilled
- Garnish: 1 strip lemon zest
Add brown sugar to a rocks glass. Pour lemon juice over the brown sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Pour in Carpano Antica and apple cider then fill with ice. Stir gently to combine and then top with club soda. Garnish with lemon peel and serve.