Smooth peanut butter and butter pecan ice cream create layers of nutty flavor in this sweet, salty take on the classic peanut butter cup.
Why this recipe works:
- Butter pecan ice cream along with chocolate in the base gives an extra nutty boost.
- A pinch of salt brings out the peanut butter flavor.
- Adding just a bit of whole milk to a generous portion of ice cream makes things blendable while keeping the milkshake super thick.
Note: Allow the ice cream to soften on the counter for 5 minutes before scooping.
- Yield:makes 2 milkshakes
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate ice cream, such as Häagen-Dazs
- 1 1/2 cups butter pecan ice cream, such as Häagen-Dazs
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Pinch salt
- Whipped cream (optional)
Combine chocolate ice cream, butter pecan ice cream, peanut butter, milk, and salt in a blender. Pulse a few times on high to begin breaking up the ice cream. Blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds.
Divide into two glasses and top with whipped cream if desired. Serve immediately.