This subtly sweet vegan smoothie makes the perfect summer breakfast: ultra-creamy with a hint of grassy green tea powder, it's delicious enough to double as dessert.
Why this recipe works:
- Freezing the banana overnight helps keep the drink extra-cold.
- Savory matcha powder adds a deep flavor while toning down the sweetness of the banana and soy milk.
- Yield:Serves 1
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1 banana, peeled, cut into chunks, and frozen overnight
- 1 cup plain unsweetened soy milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon matcha (Japanese green tea) powder
Add banana, soy milk, agave, and matcha to blender. Blend on high until completely smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour into a glass and serve immediately.