Super chewy, nutty, and with no added fat, these tasty and healthy cookies are also gluten-free.
Note: Due to cross-contamination, not all oats are gluten-free, so if you have a gluten allergy, check for brands that are specifically listed as such.
- Yield:makes one 8-inch pan
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:1 hour
- 2 1/2 cups (about 14 ounces) raisins
- 1 1/2 cups (5 1/4 ounces) rolled oats
- 1 cup (4 ounces) walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded (or dessicated) coconut
- 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 ounces) sunflower seeds
Line 8- by 8-inch pan with parchment paper. Toss raisins, oats, walnuts, coconut, salt, and vanilla in large bowl to combine. Place mixture in food processor (if too small to fit entire batch, do in 1/2 batches) and process just until mixture forms large clumps.
Transfer mixture back to large bowl, add sunflower seeds, and press with hands to form one large mass. Firmly press into pan and let sit until set, about an hour. Remove from pan and cut into bars.