An Irish spin on a vintage cocktail recipe that originally called for bourbon.
Read more: Drink the Irish Derby This St. Patrick's Day
- Yield:makes 1 cocktail
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey, such as Redbreast
- 1/2 ounce Carpano Antica sweet vermouth
- 1/2 ounce Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao (or Cointreau)
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 4-inch lime twist for garnish
Add whiskey, sweet vermouth, curaçao, lime juice, and bitters to a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake until well chilled, about 20 seconds. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with lime twist.