If you like Almond Joys, you're going to love this take on the classic magic bar. A chocolate wafer crust is filled with mountains of chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds.
Read more: Chocoholic: Double Chocolate Magic Bars
- Yield:makes one 13- by 9-inch pan
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:35 minutes
- 12 ounces Nabisco Famous Wafers, crushed (or chocolate graham cracker crumbs)
- 13 tablespoons (6 1/2 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips (or chunks)
- 1 7-ounce bag shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups (7 1/2 ounces) whole unblanched almonds
- 1 cup (6 ounces) bittersweet chocolate chips (or chunks)
- 1 14-ounce can condensed milk
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350°F. Grease sides of 13- by 9- by 2-inch pan. Stir crushed chocolate wafers with butter, sugar, and salt until moistened. Firmly press into bottom of prepared pan.
Scatter milk chocolate chips into pan. Layer coconut, almonds, and then bittersweet chips on top. Evenly drizzle condensed milk on top. Bake until golden and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares.