Bananas are baked in a caramelized sweet brown sugar sauce and topped with bourbon and a crunchy walnut streusel.
Read more: One Bowl Baking: Bourbon Street Banana Crisp
- Yield:Serves 4 to 6
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:1 hour
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) plus 3 tablespoons light brown sugar (or dark), divided
- 7 medium bananas, ripe but not mushy, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 5 to 6 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup (5 ounces) all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Adjust oven rack to upper middle position and preheat to 375°F. Pour 3 tablespoons melted butter into bottom of baking dish and swirl to coat. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons brown sugar over butter. Scatter bananas into dish and pour bourbon over the top. Give one or two quick stirs to distribute bananas into mixture.
Using fingertips, toss flour, salt, oats, walnuts, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, and remaining 6 tablespoons melted butter until moist crumbs form. Scatter over bananas. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve warm, not hot.