- Yield:Serves 2
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- 1/2 pound maccheroncelli or bucatini
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh juice from 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces goat cheese, torn into small bits
- Grated parmesan (for serving)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the packaging. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
While pasta cooks, melt butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium-low heat. Stir often with a wooden spoon until butter turns light brown and becomes fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add almonds and garlic, stir well, and cook until almonds are light brown and toasted, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cinnamon and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Set aside until pasta is cooked.
Increase heat on skillet to high, add pasta, pasta water, and lemon juice. Toss well. Continue cooking until sauce reduces and coats the noodles. Season to taste with salt. Serve noodles with goat cheese and grated parmesan.