This Cynar cocktail comes in exotic and sweet, and leaves you dark and bitter. Smith & Cross Navy Strength rum adds potent strength and funky style.
Read more: An Anti-Valentine's Day Drink: Black Honey
- Yield:makes 1 cocktail, enough syrup for about 10 cocktails
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:45 minutes
- For the honey-cinnamon syrup:
- 4 ounces water
- 4 ounces honey
- 4 (2-inch) cinnamon sticks
- For the cocktail:
- 2 ounces Cynar
- 1 ounce Smith & Cross Jamican Navy Strength Rum
- 3/4 ounce honey-cinnamon syrup
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed juice from 1 lime
For the syrup: in a small sauce pan over high heat, add water, honey, cinnamon and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 30 minutes. Strain into an airtight container. Will keep for about one month refrigerated.
For the cocktail: fill a mixing glass 2/3 full with ice and add Cynar, rum, syrup, and lime juice. Stir for about 20 seconds. Strain into a chilled cocktail coupe.