These addictively crispy, chewy balls are full of my favorite combinations: dark chocolate-cranberry, honey-salt, and nut butters with a crunchy texture.
Note: I used Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Puffs Cereal because I like the added nutty flavor and varied texture of the whole grains. To easily make these gluten-free, use gluten-free puffed rice cereal. To make these vegan, substitute brown rice syrup for the honey and source vegan chocolate.
Adapted from Oh She Glows
- Yield:makes about 15 treats
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:25 minutes
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons creamy unsalted almond butter
- 6 tablespoons honey (see note)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups puffed whole grain cereal (see note)
- 3 tablespoons chopped dark chocolate (see note)
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, stir together almond butter, honey, vanilla, and salt. Microwave for 10-15 seconds to loosen.
Add cereal, dark chocolate, and cranberries to mixture and stir to combine. Wet your hands, then form mixture into golf ball sized balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Freeze until chewy, about 10 minutes. To store, place balls in ziplock bags and keep in freezer for up to 1 week.