Roasted green beans transition easily to this room temperature salad, maintaining their crunch beneath a balsamic vinaigrette. Finished with blue cheese and hazelnuts, it's a simple dish with showy results and makes an excellent counterpart to roasted meats.
You can make the beans in advance, just wait to toss them with the hazelnuts and blue cheese until you're ready to serve the dish.
- Yield:Serves 6
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:25 minutes
- 3/4 pound green beans, ends snapped off
- 3/4 pound wax beans, ends snapped off
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 ounces hazelnuts, crushed and lightly toasted
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 375°F.
Place beans in a large baking pan. Season with salt and pepper and toss with vinegar, olive oil and garlic. Transfer to oven to roast until beans just start to get tender, taking care they don't lose their snap, about 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Add hazelnuts and blue cheese, toss to combine, and serve immediately.