- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- For the Salad:
- 2 cups water
- 3 slices of ginger, ¼ inch thick
- 1 cup sake
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast half (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 bunch watercress, thick stems discarded
- 3 ounces mix baby leaf lettuce
- 1/4 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 4 teaspoons gochujang
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
Heat water and ginger in a small saucepan until simmering. Add sake and salt and stir to combine. Add chicken. Return to a simmer, cover, remove from heat, and let rest for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the dressing. Combine sesame oil, mirin, gochujang, and vinegar an a small bowl and whisk together with a fork. Set aside.
When chicken has cooked, remove from poaching liquid and let rest until cool enough to handle. Shred meat into bite-sized pieces.
Combine watercress, lettuce, cucumber, and onionin a large serving bowl. Spread chicken on top. Drizzle with half of the dressing and serve with the remaining dressing on the side.