Rich with brown sugar and tangy yogurt, these super moist and tender berry muffins are topped with a crunchy buttery streusel.
- Yield:makes 12 muffins
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:1 hour
- For the Batter:
- 8 tablespoons (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (7 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (8 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups berries (blackberries, blueberries)
- For the Crumble:
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1 3/4 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
Adjust oven rack to upper middle position and preheat to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan (or line with cupcake cups). For the batter, stir butter, brown sugar, and salt in large bowl until creamy. Stir in eggs, one at a time until combined. Stir in yogurt and vanilla.
Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda to bowl. Stir until just combined. Stir in berries. Divide batter evenly between cups.
For the crumble: Combine flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon in same unwashed bowl. Mix in butter with fingertips until moistened and crumbly. Scatter over muffins. Bake until golden and just set, about 23 minutes. Let cool in pan 15 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool.