This sangria, which starts with a base of red wine and has a supporting cast of Campari, cranberry syrup, and bourbon is bold, bitter, and complex.
Read more: 3 Cranberry Cocktails to Make at Home
- Yield:makes about 8 servings
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:4 hours
- 2 cups red wine
- 1/2 cup homemade cranberry syrup
- 5 ounces bourbon, such as Four Roses Yellow Label
- 5 ounces Campari
- 1 orange, quartered and sliced into wheels
- Chilled seltzer for serving
- Fresh cranberries, halved lengthwise
Combine red wine, cranberry syrup, bourbon, and Campari in a quart jar or pitcher and stir to combine. Add half the orange slices and refrigerate until completely cool.
To serve, put about 1/2 cup of the sangria concentrate into each glass and top with 2 to 3 ounces of seltzer. Garnish with one or two of the remaining fresh orange slices and a small handful of halved fresh cranberries.