These peanutty bar cookies are jammed with Reese's Pieces on top for an extra pop of chocolate-PB flavor.
- Yield:makes one 8-inch pan
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:1 hour 30 minutes
- 8 tablespoons (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (7 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (6 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Reese's Pieces candy
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Line bottom and two sides of 8- by 8-inch pan with foil or parchment paper, allowing ends to overhand sides. Lightly grease pan.
Place butter in a large microwaveable bowl and microwave on low power until just starting to melt, about 30 seconds. Stir in sugar and salt until combined. Stir in peanut butter, then egg and vanilla. Add flour and baking soda to the bowl, then stir until combined. Stir in peanuts.
Spread into pan and smooth top. Sprinkle with Reese's Pieces. Bake until golden and just set, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with fudgy crumbs, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pan, about an hour. Lift blondies out of pan and slice.