Note: This dish is best served at room temperature.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, cored and thinly sliced into shreds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed juice from 1 lemon
- 1 small clove garlic, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, finely chopped
- 5 slices bacon or 3 ounces diced pancetta, browned
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat until shimmering. Add half of the brussels sprouts and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining half of raw brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add blue cheese, tomato, and pancetta or bacon to brussels sprouts. Drizzle with vinaigrette, toss, and serve at room temperature.