- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan (plus more for serving)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups finely shredded kale
- 2 teaspoons juice from 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup finely sliced scallion whites and light greens
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add garlic and cook until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add beans, cream, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer, then mash beans lightly with a potato masher. Add water until a loose, porridge-like consistency is reached. Stir in cheddar and Parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over high heat until shimmering. Add kale, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing and stirring frequently, until wilted and starting to crisp, about 4 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and transfer to a bowl.
Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add eggs, season with salt and pepper, and cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes.
To serve, stir half of scallions in white beans and adjust consistency with water as necessary. Transfer to warm bowls, top with sautéed kale then with a fried eggs. Sprinkle with remaining scallions and grate some Parmesan over the top. Serve immediately.