Read more: Sunday Brunch: Scrambled Egg and Tomato Pita
- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pitas, split open
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a non-stick skillet over medium low heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add remaining butter and eggs. Cook, stirring constantly until eggs have set but are still creamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper. Immediately remove from skillet.
Divide eggs between the pockets of each pita, then top the eggs with thinly sliced tomatoes. Serve immediately.