The fastest chocolate fix ever—this warm and fudgey cake-for-one is zapped up and ready to eat in mere minutes.
Read more: Chocoholic: Microwave Mocha Mug Cake
- Yield:serves 1
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing mug
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Pinch salt
- Pinch baking soda
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips (or 1 ounce chopped)
- Ice cream or whipped cream to serve on top
Butter inside of a mug. Add 1 tablespoon butter, brown sugar, flour, cocoa, instant coffee, salt, baking soda, water, vanilla, and chips to the mug. Stir until completely combined.
Wipe inside rim of cup to remove excess batter. Microwave on High power until cake has risen and looks moist (not wet) on top, checking every 30 seconds, about 1 to 2 minutes. Avoid overcooking or it will be dry. Let rest to cool briefly before topping with ice cream and eating.